9.14.2009

Find! Outdoor slipcovers

Is this a "Find" or a "Project?" A little of both.

I bought a really great wooden outdoor patio set for a steal a couple summers ago. Only problem? They came with hideous, bright yellow, plastic-y cushions. I can't afford new cushions, but couldn't bear sitting on bright yellow plastic another summer.

Last summer, I bought a few old bedspreads at tag sales. This spring, I cut them into pieces and sewed them into slipcovers! The sewing is imperfect (I sort of cobbled together my own makeshift pattern), but I love the results. They're easy to throw into the wash too, so I don't panic every time it rains.

The pillow in the background is an old flour sack. (I've got a few, thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law, who knows I love 'em.) It's stuffed with a king-sized pillow, and makes for a comfy spot to sit and enjoy the flower garden.