9.13.2009

Gift: Scrapbook baskets


My favorite little girls are turning 5 (already!!)! This year, I couldn't resist these apple-baskets at a thrift store for just $2.50. Sure enough, Target had all these cute fall-themed scrapbooking supplies in their dollar bins.

I tucked in some 5x7, 8-page scrapbooks too... keeping the "scrapbook" small seemed age-appropriate and not too overwhelming.

I know my 4-year-old loves cutting, pasting, gluing, stamping... so I'm pretty sure the girls will have fun with these supplies. (Their moms are creative and artistic, too!) Annabelle started a scrapbook of her own this year. She loves looking through the computer with me to choose photos to include, then working on a page at a time. I try to stay hands-off and let her do things her way. The results are absolutely darling. It's a glimpse into her world: who she loves, what is important, and her own creative personality.